Fellow residents -
Your PRA Board had a productive meeting last night, covering multiple key topics. Meanwhile, here’s a basic “official” update from City of Los Angeles Public Affairs Dept. re: the Paseo landslide … Word has it that a visit to the tunnels beneath are next:
- The geotechnical firm of Shannon & Wilson has concluded exploratory drilling operations at the Paseo Del Mar landslide site.
- Collected soil samples and data is in the process of being analyzed to further determine the ongoing extent of the landslide.
- Representatives of the Board of Public Works and Bureau Engineering conducted a routine site visit on Thursday January 5, 2012 to further assess area conditions.
- The Bureau of Engineering will continue to post a monthly report on the status of the slide at the following website: http://eng.lacity.org/whitepoint/whitepointlandslide.htm
- Public Affairs Office bullet points will continue bi-monthly as needed.
- City of Los Angeles Recreation and Parks Department closed the walking trail thrOUGH the Nature Preserve during a rain event in December 2011. The trail was inspected and re-opened immediately after the rain event.
- Residents and visitors are urged to keep out of the closed-off area as it presents an immediate and life-threatening hazard.